There is nothing quite like marrying your best friend.
Yesterday - Nov. 26th - was the half-year mark of our marriage.
Even though I have not been married too long yet, there are plenty of things I have learned about how to make a marriage wonderful, even once you get past the "newly-wed stage" and reality starts to set in.
Let me share a thing or two:
1. Go on dates. Even once you're married, date nights are still a must.
2. Say "I love you" multiple times each day.
3. Communicate. Tell each other about your dreams, desires, fears, or things that are bothering you.
4. Let go of your pride and be willing to say you're sorry, or to show forgiveness.
5. Make new traditions... they are so fun to look forward to!
6. Work at your marriage every day.
Make sacrifices. Take action. Be selfless.
Your best friend deserves all the love you can give, and you deserve to get that love in return.
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband.
I love him with all my heart!
And do you know what the greatest part is?
Our love for each other grows every day. And it's wonderful.