Original image sources:
I know, I know... the first official day of fall was SO last week. Old news, right? But ya know what, I'm going to make a dang "fall hype" post anyways because it's my favorite season and has been since I was a little girl. In fact, I would venture to say that it's been my favorite season for as long as I can remember. In other words, you can't accuse me of jumping on the autumn bandwagon because I've been on it all my life! (Really though, nearly every single blogger seems to be in love with fall.)
So, in the spirit of the new season, here are some things I'm looking forward to this fall:
- Pumpkin everything (Except pie. For some reason I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie.)
- Fall decor
- Lots of apple cider (drinking some now!)
- Crisp air
- Sweaters, boots, scarves... all that good fall fashion stuff
- A weekend drive or two up to the canyon with Doug
- Visiting Park City in about a month for a retreat (it will be our "babymoon" as well)
- Welcoming our little girl!!!!!
- Pumpkin everything. Oh wait, did I mention that already? It deserved a second mention.
- Rainy days
- Feeling leaves crunch under my feet
- Halloween activities
- Painting my nails fall colors and designs. YES.
- Bundling up in blankets with a book
- I admit, it's fun to keep up with my college football team
- Fall TV shows
- Fall scented candles
- Pumpkin everything. Hey, it's just the truth. Between the two of us, Doug and I have already downed nearly 2 dozen large pumpkin cookies and 8 of those giant pumpkin muffins from Costco. And I may or may not have had a Pumpkin Smash from Jamba Juice the other day. And a slice of pumpkin bread from Great Harvest Co. No regrets. Next on the list: homemade chocolate chip pumpkin bread and an attempt at pumpkin pancakes.
Like I said: no regrets.